Jump to content


- - - - -

Awesome website hosting


15 replies to this topic

#1 Gabe

    Da Shizit!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Girls, cars, desert combat, battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, gamespy arcade

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

This isent my hosting company or anything :lol:

I've been wanted to get some good(non-free) hosting for awhile now, this is the first host I orderd from and I really like it. It comes with so many features, and its well worth the 5 bucks I pay a month. If you need some good hosting you might want to check out there site www.frozenwebhost.com
Heres a screenshot of some of the control pannel;
Posted Image

Edited by Gabe, 08 October 2005 - 01:00 AM.


#2 MoshNet

    B double E R unnn ... beer Run !

  • Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Location:Statesboro, Georgia.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:42 AM

That is pretty decent but want better? http://ipowerweb.com/

#3 zer0

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:44 AM

I'll beat you both ;)

http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

#4 Gabe

    Da Shizit!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Girls, cars, desert combat, battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, gamespy arcade

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

both those arent better, look at the detailed spec closly

#5 zer0

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:26 AM

View PostGabe, on Oct 11 2005, 08:24, said:

both those arent better, look at the detailed spec closly

What are you referring to? From what I can see they both offer everything yours does, except Teamspeak, with much more data and bandwidth.

#6 TristanAnderson

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:36 AM

I'll raide you all. Http://www.geocities.com

Edited by TristanAnderson, 11 October 2005 - 10:36 AM.


#7 Gabe

    Da Shizit!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Girls, cars, desert combat, battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, gamespy arcade

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

View Postzer0, on Oct 11 2005, 00:26, said:

View PostGabe, on Oct 11 2005, 08:24, said:

both those arent better, look at the detailed spec closly

What are you referring to? From what I can see they both offer everything yours does, except Teamspeak, with much more data and bandwidth.
yes they offer more data and bandwidth, with a high price then mine, wich isent exactly better, it just goes with more money = bigger & better, they also have limits on ftp account, email accounts, wich mine doesent, but I just posted this thread to show off frozenwebhost.com

#8 zer0

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Location:Australia

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:55 AM

View PostGabe, on Oct 12 2005, 07:48, said:

View Postzer0, on Oct 11 2005, 00:26, said:

View PostGabe, on Oct 11 2005, 08:24, said:

both those arent better, look at the detailed spec closly

What are you referring to? From what I can see they both offer everything yours does, except Teamspeak, with much more data and bandwidth.
yes they offer more data and bandwidth, with a high price then mine, wich isent exactly better, it just goes with more money = bigger & better, they also have limits on ftp account, email accounts, wich mine doesent, but I just posted this thread to show off frozenwebhost.com


Ah well, I guess it's what you use it for. I have unlimited ftp and email also, plus 7 times the bandwidth and 5 times the space for 4.95 extra ;) Space and bandwidth is probably more crucial to me than a cheap plan.

#9 Gabe

    Da Shizit!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Girls, cars, desert combat, battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, gamespy arcade

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

yea I see what you mean, yours is a tad better, but I have the teamspeak server wich I really needed, so it just depends on the needs.

#10 MoshNet

    B double E R unnn ... beer Run !

  • Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Location:Statesboro, Georgia.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

Yeah, your service is cheaper, and you may get more for the price you pay, but how reliable are they? Do they offer 24/7 phone support/tech support like the company I put up? Do they garuntee uptime, and stand behind it? Etc..etc..

I mean not to sound like a dick or anything, but that site looks like a reseller to me. Looks like a kid who knows a little about this and put up that site, which by the way is using a template. I need glasses to read the text on the page, and I dont even wear glasses, so there my hint off that it isn't professional. Plus, their contact area say you need to contact them on AIM ? WTF !? The phone number is local, not a business type.

The saddest part is, they are from Georgia, and their support number is in new york, odd is it not ?


So yeah, I know my hosting company, although more expensive, is not run by a few 17 year olds in their junior year of highschool looking to make a quick buck to support their excessive buying of poke mon trading cards.

And by the way, dont take this personally, I know I come off bad/ hes an asshole way, but I mean it in a good way.

Just trying to show people whats up cause myu friend tony went with a company like that, unlimited everyything for 30$ a year, and this guy was always having down time saying it was server upgrades.. whatta bunch of BS.

Edited by MoshNet, 14 October 2005 - 02:27 AM.


#11 Gabe

    Da Shizit!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Girls, cars, desert combat, battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, gamespy arcade

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:17 AM

View PostMoshNet, on Oct 13 2005, 21:17, said:

Yeah, your service is cheaper, and you may get more for the price you pay, but how reliable are they? Do they offer 24/7 phone support/tech support like the company I put up? Do they garuntee uptime, and stand behind it? Etc..etc..

I mean not to sound like a dick or anything, but that site looks like a reseller to me. Looks like a kid who knows a little about this and put up that site, which by the way is using a template. I need glasses to read the text on the page, and I dont even wear glasses, so there my hint off that it isn't professional. Plus, their contact area say you need to contact them on AIM ? WTF !? The phone number is local, not a business type.

The saddest part is, they are from Georgia, and their support number is in new york, odd is it not ?


So yeah, I know my hosting company, although more expensive, is not run by a few 17 year olds in their junior year of highschool looking to make a quick buck to support their excessive buying of poke mon trading cards.

And by the way, dont take this personally, I know I come off bad/ hes an asshole way, but I mean it in a good way.

Just trying to show people whats up cause myu friend tony went with a company like that, unlimited everyything for 30$ a year, and this guy was always having down time saying it was server upgrades.. whatta bunch of BS.

I understand, well see it goes the next few weeks.

#12 MoshNet

    B double E R unnn ... beer Run !

  • Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Location:Statesboro, Georgia.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:43 AM

There was a ridiculous amount of typos in my above post. Sorry guys, to lazy to edit, plus it's been quoted.

#13 mozak

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:11 AM

monthly bandwidth ?

#14 war59312

    GOD Bless America!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:U.S.A
  • Interests:Girls, Computers, Internet, Soccer

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:19 AM

I pefer asmallorange.com and dreamhost.com . With dream host I have more than 5GB of space and 155GB of bandwidth. Each week I get more, yes for free. :)

#15 paulmer2003

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Location:USA

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:23 PM

Quote

laugh.gif

I've been wanted to get some good(non-free) hosting for awhile now, this is the first host I orderd from and I really like it. It comes with so many features, and its well worth the 5 bucks I pay a month. If you need some good hosting you might want to check out there site www.frozenwebhost.com
Heres a screenshot of some of the control pannel;
crappy. a friend of mine owns a webhosting company, 3 bucks a mounth. good deals, www.cmwebhosting.net.

but for free checkout www.freedomsnet.net...all ya gotta do is make a few posts on thier form and you get unlimited free hosting. i host my blog (www.paulmer2003.com) off of it.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users