- - - - -

Bootable Spybot - Search & Destroy©® CDs

5 replies to this topic

#1 jared_good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Have any of you actually ordered this? I just placed an order last night. It is supposed to be good. Ill let everyone know and upload it later maybe. I cant find a review for this anywhere on the internet. http://www.safer-net...lecd/index.html

You can now order our new bootable CD with Spybot-S&D. With the bootable CD you can

Remove malware that cannot be cleaned from within a running system
Boot from the CD to start a clean Windows 7® (limited to the use of Spybot-S&D tools)
Update to our latest malware signatures via Internet or memory drives before starting a scan, even though you are booting from a read-only media
Use Spybot-S&D on computers without prior installation
The bootable CD comes with a printed quickstart guide and is very easy to use: Just insert the CD into the drive of your computer, adjust the boot sequence if needed and it will boot from the CD. Spybot-S&D will update itself and then offer to scan your computer for malware and Trojan horses.

The CD contains a stand-alone Microsoft® Windows 7® based system and can be used to clean privately used computers of spyware and other malware regardless which Windows® version is running on the PC. This way it is possible that even Microsoft® Windows® installations that cannot be repaired from within the running system might still be saved.

Minimum Hardware Requirements [link]
You do not need the latest hardware to use our CD as its minimum hardware requirements are quite low:

1 GHz processor
512 MB RAM
CD drive or other optical drive (DVD, BluRay, ...)
Internet access (for downloading the current Spybot-S&D updates)
Prices and Ordering [link]
Please order your CD via our order form. You will then receive an email with an invoice within the next 24 hours on business days. You may pay using PayPal or a credit card.

The price per CD is EUR 29,90 for orders from within Europe and USD 39,90 for orders from all other countries. Shipping and VAT are included!

Please note: the CDs that can be ordered from this web site are for privately used PCs only. Companies or institutions need an according license that can be ordered on www.safer-networking.ie.Posted Image

Edited by jared_good, 01 October 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#2 Chugworth

Chugworth

• Global Mods
  • 7379 posts
  • Interests:Technology

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

AVG also has a bootable CD which can scan a system for malware from outside of Windows. Theirs is free:
http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd

For a system that's really filled with malware, running a scan from outside of Windows is good because you can be sure that the malware is not interfering with or hiding itself from the scan process.

#3 jared_good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Yes, but there is a big difference with this Bootable CD. Something new! I'm talking about This CD containing a stand-alone Microsoft® Windows 7® based system and can be used to clean privately used computers of spyware and other malware regardless which Windows® version is running on the PC. Not even UBCD or BartPE contain a stand alone windows 7 environment. They are still using Windows XP.

#4 Chugworth

Chugworth

• Global Mods
  • 7379 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

View Postjared_good, on 01 October 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

Yes, but there is a big difference with this Bootable CD. Something new! I'm talking about This CD containing a stand-alone Microsoft® Windows 7® based system and can be used to clean privately used computers of spyware and other malware regardless which Windows® version is running on the PC. Not even UBCD or BartPE contain a stand alone windows 7 environment. They are still using Windows XP.
Well, AVG's CD uses Linux. But if all you're doing is running a malware scan, it doesn't really matter what OS it's using as long as the program can access the hard drive. Does the Spybot CD contain other sorts of repair utilities, or is it just the malware scan?

Microsoft's version of WinPE is based on Windows 7. It's included with the free Windows Automated Installation Kit. It doesn't come with any malware scanners, but there's probably some that could be added in to it.

#5 cork1958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Avira also has a bootable version, http://www.avira.com...r-rescue-system and MUCH better than AVG. I wouldn't put AVG's junk on an enemies computer!!

Spybot is nothing but a slow piece of crap now a days. If you want to clean your system, just do it in safe mode and use Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware. If your system is so messed up that this won't cut it, I'd suggest doing a new, clean install, which is usually the very last thing I'd suggest.

That price for Spybot is absolutely ridiculous also!!

Edited by cork1958, 26 October 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#6 Chugworth

Chugworth

• Global Mods
  • 7379 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

View Postcork1958, on 26 October 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

Avira also has a bootable version, http://www.avira.com...r-rescue-system and MUCH better than AVG. I wouldn't put AVG's junk on an enemies computer!!

Spybot is nothing but a slow piece of crap now a days. If you want to clean your system, just do it in safe mode and use Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware. If your system is so messed up that this won't cut it, I'd suggest doing a new, clean install, which is usually the very last thing I'd suggest.

That price for Spybot is absolutely ridiculous also!!

Yeah, MalwareBytes is great. I remember I first heard of it years ago from a coworker, and I thought it was just another gimmicky program (because anti-spyware programs were becoming a dime a dozen). But seeing success after success of it removing the WinAntiVirus malware while NOD32 was missing it, I came to realize just how good MalwareBytes was.

As far as AVG, I wouldn't run or recommend their Windows program. I was just aware of their bootable version, and considered it to be another tool (although I never really had a need for it). I haven't used Spybot in a long time. I tried it years ago, but didn't really care for it then. These days I use and recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I know it's not perfect, but none of them are. MSE is small, free, and stays out of the way.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users