#1 Chugworth

Chugworth

• Global Mods
  • 7379 posts
  • Interests:Technology

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

Okay - Finally! I'm almost positive that this will be my next phone:

-F_ke3rxopc

I've been waiting and waiting for a dual-core LTE phone. I was planning to get the Droid Bionic, but when I heard that an even better Nexus phone with Android 4.0 was coming soon, I decided to resist the urge to buy the Bionic.

The Galaxy Nexus has even more advantages besides that. It has a 4.6" screen at 720x1280 (316ppi). It supports NFC (just think how cool you'll look when you wave your phone to make a purchase). It even has a barometer! I mean, really, how did we ever get by without barometers in our phones? :o

The phone should be out in November. More details about it are available here:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Galaxy_Nexus

#2 regulator

? ?

• Sponsors
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostChugworth, on 22 October 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Okay - Finally! I'm almost positive that this will be my next phone:

-F_ke3rxopc

I've been waiting and waiting for a dual-core LTE phone. I was planning to get the Droid Bionic, but when I heard that an even better Nexus phone with Android 4.0 was coming soon, I decided to resist the urge to buy the Bionic.

The Galaxy Nexus has even more advantages besides that. It has a 4.6" screen at 720x1280 (316ppi). It supports NFC (just think how cool you'll look when you wave your phone to make a purchase). It even has a barometer! I mean, really, how did we ever get by without barometers in our phones? Posted Image

The phone should be out in November. More details about it are available here:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Galaxy_Nexus

After seeing you online elsewhere I got all nostalgic and had to come check out the ol' ieX. Anyway, I just happened to see this topic and wanted to be the first non-spam reply :P

I was in the same situation you were in. Holding onto my OG Droid, looking forward to the Bionic until they screwed it over and this beauty was announced. Got it on release day and have been loving it ever since!

Did you end up getting it?

#3 Chugworth

Chugworth

• Global Mods
  • 7379 posts
  • Interests:Technology

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

View Postregulator, on 10 February 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Did you end up getting it?

Absolutely! I was there on launch day. And yes, I love this phone! Android 4.0 has some nice features and improvements.

#4 potterface

A Dyslexic walked into a bra...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4243 posts
  • Interests:The internet.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

I've been playing with this at work, and boy-oh-boy is it a sexy piece of electronics. It really is amazing how far cell phones have come in the 13 years since my first Nokia 5165 :lol:

...and come to think of it, this phone is more powerful than the computer I did my homework on 10 years ago!

Edited by potterface, 22 February 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#5 Phonics Monkey

Custom member title

• Moderators
  • 3192 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm still sticking with my HTC (T7575) Windows phone. It does what I need as I'm just not a bells and whistles kind of guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users